WINE – THE PLAYERS…
Okay, let’s talk about grapes. There are so many to talk about but we are going to stick to the popular crowd for now. And since we are all trying to understand what it is that each one can offer, I thought it might be best to break them down to personalities:
- Pinot Grigio – the nice kind of pudgy girl in your office who reads books & doesn’t talk too much
- Sauvignon Blanc – the girl who you think is bright & fun but can be sharp sometimes
- Chardonnay – French – Winnie Cooper
- Chardonnay – American – Winnie Cooper’s best friend
- Riesling – (there are levels here – not sweet to sugar sweet) these wines are like nurses, some are sweet and some not so much but you need them to take care of you either way
- Pinot Noir – the girl you hope to marry, graceful, thoughtful, beautiful, sexy, lovely and rich (Pinot can be expensive)
- Pinot Noir – French- that same girl with a lovely french accent and her own vineyard!
- Syrah – Is that kind of earthy chic you see at the corner bookstore, raw beauty, a little unrefined but beautiful
- Malbec – The girl your mom wants to set you up with, she’s kind of goth but could be a catch
- Zinfandel- Marisa Tomei think my cousin vinny, super smart, funny, likable and sexy, a bit of a flirt
- Merlot – That very attractive woman you pass on the street sometimes who is too intimidating to ask out (almost a little eyes wide shut or Ivanka Trump)
- Cabernet Sauvignon – If Scarlett Johansson & Jennifer Anniston were one. Curvy, sexy, refined, volatile, graceful, smart, scandalous, unforgettable. This wine is like an iron fist in a velvet glove when done right….
- Oh yes, forgot one…Champagne! champagne is the happiest person you know who is always fun, always festive but is super thoughtful. Champagne when aged is like a really good listener sitting at a french café early in the morning with the scent of brioche wafting through the air.
So now you know what kind of wine each is…now let’s get down to how this can help at your next meal!